So, you have finally decided to go for the used car you have been eyeing for a while now. It looks perfect, and you seem to be getting the deal of your lifetime. But wait a minute, does it sound too good to be true? Can you ride around town on your new set of wheels without a worry afterwards? Our advice: it is better to be safe than sorry! You should know the car’s complete background before making a purchase. This is where a free car check can be a lifesaver. Today, we will tell you all about what a free car history check in the UK includes. And from where you can get one? So, read on:
What Does a Free Car Check Include?
A car check can reveal the background history of any vehicle in the UK. Typically, a free car check includes the following, among other things. These are what you should look for to protect yourself at least when conducting a free vehicle check:
- Full Ministry of Transport (MOT) History
- Vehicle Excise Duty and Tax Check
- Mileage Estimate
- Vehicle Age
- Whether a Vehicle is Imported/Exported
- Running Cost
- Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA) Vehicle Specification
- Performance Data
- Relevant Environmental and Economic Details (e.g. CO2 emission figures, fuel consumption, etc.)
Get a Free Vehicle Check in the UK
Now that you know what a basic car check entails, we will explain from where you can get it for a used vehicle. Here’s what you need to do:
- An excellent way to start is by running a simple search online. Google by entering queries such as my car check UK, free vehicle checks UK, or free instant car check UK. It will provide you with an inclusive list of results where you can explore different options. Select one based on your requirements. For necessary information such as MOT history and tax status, you can check out the GOV.uk website. However, we advise you to go beyond that and utilize dedicated vehicle status check services for a complete picture.
- Once you pick a site that offers free vehicle history check, the next step is to submit your vehicle registration number on their website. Hit the ‘search’ button to receive an instant free car check report. You can either view free car check reports on the website or access them via iOS/Android apps if the car check website offers this service.
- For a nominal fee, you will also know further critical information of a vehicle, including details of outstanding finance, write-off facts, stolen vehicle record, mileage anomaly report among other particulars. The report will provide a complete history of the vehicle, which is especially useful if you are planning to buy a relatively expensive car.
Vehicle frauds are widespread these days, so it is imperative to be careful while going for a used car. Rather than relying on your dealer or seller to give you vehicle information, get it yourself. Run a free and instant car check and save yourself loads of trouble and ambiguity in the future. You can completely trust Car Analytics for vehicle checks. They give you complete information of a vehicle within a few seconds. In your free report, it also highlights positive areas as well as those that require attention. So, run a check today, know the facts about the car you want to buy, and make an informed decision.