A pre-purchase inspection will thoroughly inspect the exterior body and functioning of all components of the car you are planning to buy. It can be done by a mechanic through a vehicle inspection service.
Benefits of doing a vehicle inspection:
- A pre-purchase vehicle inspection is nothing but ensuring the overall condition of the used vehicle you are looking to buy.
- One of the significant investments the people of the UK make is buying their car.
- It will reduce your cost of transportation and much more. Such an investment will be maintained passively after the purchase.
- It is mandatory to have inspected the used car before the purchase to analyse if the vehicle has any serious underlying issues.
- It helps identify the issues in the engine and internal parts that are not visible in your test drive.
- A pre-purchase inspection will also let you know the used vehicle you are investing in is worth the money or not and ensures safety.
What does included in a vehicle inspection?
Every part of the car is analysed by qualified mechanics when you bring your vehicle to a vehicle inspecting garage. Some standard used vehicle inspections include the following,
- Condition of the tyres
- Operation of the air-conditioning and braking systems
- Checking engine oil, air filters and battery
- Checking coolant levels and their condition
- Inspection of the brake pedals
- Checking transmission fluid condition
- Looking through the condition of brake lights, headlights and tail lights
- Functioning of the seat belts and steering
- Inspecting the wipers and looking for any leakage of oils
- Any minor scratches on the exterior body of the vehicle
It differs from inspection to inspection and depends on the type of car safety inspection you carry on. Inspections from click mechanic are categorised into three based on their comprehensiveness and detailed service.
Can I get a report when the car inspection is done?
Once the vehicle inspection is done, you will receive the mail straight to your mailbox from the click mechanic. If you want the physical report, you can take a printout of them. You can also get the report once you log in to the click mechanic account. Unfortunately, you will not get a physical report for the inspection.
How much does it cost to inspect a vehicle?
Pre vehicle inspection cost will be based on the inspecting company service quality in mechanical and structural inspection varies like 72 points, 105 points, and 143 points.
Click mechanic is one of the leading trusted vehicle inspection services, and they offer inspections that are broadly classified under three categories.
- Basic – It includes a road test, an inspection report and basic checks in the interior, such as analysing the electric controls, engine bay and tyres.
- Standard – will include the road test, bodywork inspections, inspected reports, free phone call consultations and checks on the structural areas. (includes brake pads, fluid engine level and density and electric controls)
- Premium – It consists of an emailed report with photos of the inspected areas, road test, interior, bodywork and paint inspections and diagnostic check followed by a structural analysis.
Car Analytics readers can get a special offer. Get a quote now, and book a mechanic to fix your car straight away.
Will a DIY car inspection work out?
DIY maintenance will sometimes work but, inspecting a car will require huge technical knowledge. It is not easy like engine coolant changing, Engine oil change. Moreover, the latest cars will have complicated sensors in build on their engine and transmission.
A visual check with some basic technical ideas will never work in buying a used car.
Car Analytics always recommend inspecting by a qualified mechanic to ensure vehicle safety.
What includes in the DIY maintenance task?
- Replacing car’s wiper blades
- Flush PCV valve
- Engine air filter replacement
- Non-headlight bulbs replacement
- Cabin air filter replacement
- Changing Power steering fluid
- Car washing & Body Polishing
- Change car spark plugs
- Refilling Car air conditioner gas.
- Identify blown fuses and replace them
Answering your questions:
How long does it will take to complete an inspection?It takes between two and three hours, depending on the vehicle’s condition. The Standard and Basic used car inspections usually take between one and two hours.
Do you have to be present while the inspection is going on?It does not necessarily have to be present; a mechanic will send you a full report once done.
Why are road tests included in the inspection?Pre-purchase vehicle inspection checklists include a road test to ensure the condition of important features to give a clear idea as to whether a vehicle is roadworthy.
Will a vehicle inspection includes a vehicle history report?No, these two terms may sound the same but differ technically. The vehicle inspection services will focus only on physical inspections alone. You cannot expect a vehicle history such as the financial status of the vehicle, stolen, or written-off status of the car. Know the vehicle history check here